Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 AF-C and Continuous High Speed

myverse

Aurora, CA
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
myverse Registered since 17th Nov 2011
Thu 17-Nov-11 02:31 PM

I have recently moved to rear button focusing (i.e. I use the back AE-L/AF-L to engage the auto-focus instead of pressing the shutter halfway). I also have my auto-focus set to AF-C to track the focus at the selected focus point. Here's my question:

Is the auto-focus going to continue to track in continuous high speed shooting (CH) mode as long as I keep the shutter depressed or does depressed the shutter disengage the autofocus even though I may keep the AE-L/AF-L button depressed? The autofocus appears to disengage but it's a little hard to tell because generally things don't move too much between exposures in that mode.

I can't find any explicit explanations in the manual. Does anyone have any insight into how these settings may interact?

Thanks.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 AF-C and Continuous High Speed

G