Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

setting the focus point?

xat130j

UK
329 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
xat130j Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2007
Fri 11-Nov-11 07:02 AM

Hi
It is still a steep learning curve with my D7000, but impressions so far it is a great camera.

However I have a quick question, when taking portrait images I like to focus on the subjects eye, in the past I have set my D300 to single sensor, focused the shot, then re-framed and taken the exposure. Does the D7000 allow me to do this? Have looked at the manual, but cannot work out if it can be done, or should I let the 39/11 point sensors do their work? I have uploaded an image and I am happy with the sharpness, however they are not all this sharp...this young lady was taking part in the Whitby Gothic Weekend.

Click on image to view larger version

Regards

Dave

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Regards
Dave Tucker
Yorkshire Nikonian

Please take time to visit my website:

http://www.davidtucker.co.uk

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: setting the focus point?

G