Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A Call for Participation

bclaff

Vancouver (WA USA not BC Canad, US
9691 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bclaff Awarded for multiple contributions for the Resources Registered since 26th Oct 2004
Mon 24-Oct-11 01:30 AM | edited Tue 25-Oct-11 12:37 AM by bclaff

My name is Bill Claff and after a 2 1/2 year absence I'm returning to Nikonians.

I have a wide variety of photographic interests.
One is that I'm quite interested in how sensors work and designing procedures that ordinary people can use to test their sensors.
You'll find a wealth of information on sensors and other topics at my web site (the link is in my signature).
Of the tests that I have devised the one of most general interest is the Photographic Dynamic Range (old Nikonians post).

My data is now outdated, but you can help!

Anyone with a PC and a little time can get Photographic Dynamic Range (PDR) values for their camera and report them to me.
To do so you need the NefUtil program and documentation from my site.
(start of edit)In the documentation there are instructions in the section entitled "The Photographic Dynamic Range Collaboration Option".
See "Dynamic Range Collaboration" in the section entitled Collaborations near the bottom of my main page for complete instructions. A link to another small program required for the test is in these instructions.(end of edit)

You may wonder: what has this to do with photography?
I have found that understanding the technology and my equipment has helped me be a better photographer.
The technical data is also helpful in making purchasing decisions.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Visit me at Photons To Photos

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A Call for Participation

G