Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Stumped on remote shutter release and D7000

rbcheek

Falls Church, US
485 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rbcheek Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2011
Thu 13-Oct-11 05:43 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me with what must be a simple problem that I can't figure out. Here's the background.

I just returned from an extended vacation to London and the Western Mediterranean, including Venice. While in London, I did some night shooting with my D7000 and used the Zeikos remote cable release with great results. However, when I tried to use the same Zeikos remote in Venice about 10 days later, I was unable to get it to work. I plugged it into the right slot - the only one that will accept it on the bottom left side slot. I tried to set the shutter for speeds varying from 1 to 30 seconds, but when I pressed the button on the Zeikos, nothing happened - nothing. I tried to slide the "lock" on the Zeikos, but it was disengaged. Nothing I did made any difference. I can't imaging what I could have done in the 10 days that changed the camera or settings. I even borrowed another Zeikos cable release from another photographer to check it out afterwards, and that one didn't work either.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a setting I could have changed unwittingly making the camera unresponsive to remote shutter release? I've not been able to come up with anything.

Thanks

Randy

Visit rbc-images.org.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Stumped on remote shutter release and D7000

G