Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Picture Control settings

Ellis Feibush

Summit, US
286 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ellis Feibush Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2009
Fri 30-Sep-11 01:27 PM

Has anyone tried manipulating Picture Control settings in their D7000 particularly the Vivid control, with unexpected results?
I recently took a photo trip using the Vivid setting with results a bit different than the same Vivid settings applied to my D300. When bumping up the sharpness setting one notch on the plus side, it resulted in some over sharpening with slight ghosting outlines in some of the contrasty parts of my photos. Also, when the saturation was bumped up one notch on the plus side, my colors, especially the reds seemed a bit out of control. I have since backed off from these modified settings, putting them back to "o" but haven't tried them out yet.
When this same degree of Picture Control modification was applied to the settings on my D300, the changes seemed more ambiguous there,less noticeable. I suppose the different sensor and a few other things in the D7000 must have caused this to happen. Not noticeable in every print, but mostly in portraits. I also had similar problems, given the same modifications, in Landscape Picture Control settings, but not to the same degree.
If this is a repeat of a previous post, my apologies. Any responses greatly appreciated.

efeibush

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Picture Control settings