Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 maximum actuations ...

Nikonitosi

UK
46 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Nikonitosi Registered since 03rd Sep 2011
Fri 16-Sep-11 03:18 PM | edited Sat 17-Sep-11 04:45 PM by Nikonitosi

Hi
I seems to see that mainly our 'older' Nikonians expect it to be about 150,000 - which is not bad esspecially for a semi-newbie like me!

I asked Nikon and they said:

There is no maximum number of actuations for the the D7000. Depending on how the camera is looked after the shutter unit can last for years.

I by default like to keep my gadgets at their best - so I assume it would last very long indeed.

Having said that, there must be a 'expected' shutter life - although I personally agree with Nikon.

Look after your gadgets and they will look after you.
What are your thoughts 'expert' Nikonians?

By the way, Digital Darrell Book is great!

I only wish I had the camera now ;p]

ADDITION
It seems in this forum we need to revise and re-check our words or you are speedily misunderstood.

I obviously intended 'Average Manufacturer Expected' life = Maximum Expected - this is maths.

They must have it or it would not make sense to even invest and start producing so expensive cameras.

Happy Imaging!
M

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 maximum actuations ...

G