Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
chijeff

US
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
chijeff Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Sep 2009
Tue 23-Aug-11 03:42 AM

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me figure out what I may have done to the settings on my D7K. I was photographing my son's football game, and two things occurred that have me confused. I am not aware of having changed anything settings wise, but here is what happened; normally, I am able to shoot 6 or 7 frames in very quick succession to capture action. I am using AF-C mode, and it is set to focus priority. Yesterday, with the camera set to continuous high, it would only shoot 2-3 frames before stalling, almost as if not writing to the SD card quickly enough. I simply could not figure out what was going on. I was shooting in aperture priority, with plenty of light. When I was able to check the images, I noticed that most of the images seemed to follow a pattern; the 1st image was normally exposed, and the next image was a stop or two overexposed. This pattern repeated throughout the shoot, almost as if bracketing had been set up. I am attaching two images to show this odd effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G