Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Quirky brand new D7000

B LaRue

US
219 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
B LaRue Registered since 04th Nov 2010
Sun 10-Jul-11 12:21 AM

I've been shooting with my D7000 since November. I set a few settings the way I wanted them and then left them alone.

My hubby bought one today, trading in his D200. We sat down side-by-side and went through my menu, his menu, so he could change his menus to match mine, which works well.

When he took indoor shots, he used a 18-200VR Nikkor, while I happened to have mounted my Nikkor 105VR. Mine was faster, of course, and my indoor images without flash were great. He snapped a few shots, no flash. The shutter speeds were very slow. So I told him to up the ISO because his lens was slower than mine.. Even tried 1200. Still very slow. The images were blurred as he hand-held.
We tried shutter preferred, we tried aperture preferred, we tried auto.
Everything still had a slow shutter speed, as low as 4 or 5. Even pointed at a bright window.

He went outside on a bright sunny day and still got a shutter speed of 40 or 50. Changing ISO made no difference. Shooting wide open made no difference from shooting stopped down.

We thought maybe something had been set wrong, so he did the 2 button reset, putting everything back to factory default. We tried Single servo and continuous servo.
Release Mode dial set to S Also tried it on CL
Focus mode selector set to AF
He tried another lens on it, a 3.5 at its widest, but got the same results.

The store is closed, and we have tomorrow to stare at the darned thing wondering if it is a lemon or are we stupid. I hope somebody on this forum will say we are stupid, and hey, this is how you fix this.

Any ideas?

Betty

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Quirky brand new D7000