Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What would you do?

camelguy

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
camelguy Registered since 16th Jun 2011
Sat 02-Jul-11 06:54 PM

I've had the D7000 for a few months now, and love many things about it - including the metering, which I think is incredible, the colors, and the overall IQ. I have noticed some inconsistency in the AF performance, however - sometimes it is dead on, other times it is strangely off. I sent Nikon some samples taken with my 50mm f1.4 lens, which usually focuses perfectly, but which I have had occasional unexplainable (to me) out-of-focus episodes with. Nikon suggested sending the body and lens in for testing. But similar things also occasionally happen with my 35mm 1.8 lens, which leads me to believe the problem, if there is one, is more likely with the body than with any one lens. (I have had to fine tune both my zooms, but have not fine tuned my primes because most of the time they don't need it when everything is operating 'normally'). Would you send in the body only for testing, or the body with one lens, or the body with a few lenses? I'm a bit hesitant to send in the lenses, because I can still use them with my D90 and don't really want to be without them....

I'm hoping I can get this all sorted out soon, because at this point I trust my D90 more than my D7000 to nail the focus, and it shouldn't be like that. When the D7000 is on - which is most of the time - the images are remarkable. But I need to be able to trust it.

G