Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 video, auto-focus and mic

arp

Mississauga, CA
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
arp Registered since 22nd May 2011
Mon 27-Jun-11 12:48 PM

I shot some video with the D7000 last night at a concert my kids were part of at a local church. Lots of crazy lighting and fog going on. I used the D7000 in Auto mode with an 18-200mm VR lens.

I'm wondering if anyone else is using this camera for video, specifically something a bit more difficult than family birthdays. The autofocus seems to have a rough time when the lighting is changing constantly so I eventually just started focusing manually. That's going to take some practice 'though.

I'm also wondering if anyone has tried the aftermarket mics that attach to the hotshoe? The Nikon version is a bit pricey for what it is.

If anyone is interested, I'll post a link to one or more of the videos later, need to convert them before uploading to Photobucket.

Randy

G