Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Going along with live view question, what about previewing

arp

Mississauga, CA
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
arp Registered since 22nd May 2011
Wed 15-Jun-11 04:22 PM | edited Wed 15-Jun-11 04:24 PM by arp

I have had my D7000 for a few weeks now, read parts of the manual twice, and still can't quite comprehend everything.

A week or so ago, I showed the camera to a friend, who used it to take a few photos at a party we were attending. One of the first things he did was to set up the camera to display a preview of a shot on the LCD screen immediately after the shot was taken. I thought this was a bit too "point and shoot-ish" for me and turned the feature off. I generally use the viewfinder, not the LCD when I'm shooting.

There are two main reasons I don't use the immediate preview. One is that I find it screws up my "flow". If I'm taking shots, I rarely take only one, preferring to take a bunch from various perspectives. The other is that I'm afraid I'll make a snap decision to delete a photo when, although it looks iffy on the LCD, it's possible to do something artistic with it later in post-processing.

So I figured I'd ask everyone here what they prefer. Do you use the preview to double-check your shot right after shooting or do you wait until later to review shots?

Randy

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Going along with live view question, what about pre...

G