Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can't install Color Efex Pro 3.0 on CNX2

drjh68

Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
151 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
drjh68 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2003
Tue 20-Aug-13 03:45 PM

Greetings from Suffolk UK,

I have just upgraded my computer to fit a new Asus mother board and to increase its RAM and Hard Disk space. This entailed re-installing Capture NX2, and I now have version 2.4.3 It has all gone very well, and CNX2 is now installed on the Program Files>Nikon>Nikon NX2 folder and working fine. So far so good.

However, there is a problem when I try to install Color Efex Pro. I have the disk with the 3.0 version. When I try to install it, it opens promisingly with a dialogue box which requires me to click on ‘Install’. But then it gives the message “Capture NX2 could not be found. Please install Capture NX2 first”.

I know about the NIK/Nikon problem, but did not imagine that it would affect the use of the purchased CEFPro 3.0 CD to do a basic operation like re-installing it. Perhaps it’s not a CEFPro problem at all, and I am at a loss what to do next.

The program is absolutely first class for my purposes, so I hope a solution is possible. Perhaps others have had the same problem? If so, is it solvable? Is there any alternative compatible with CNX2? All ideas and suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks for reading this.

James

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Can't install Color Efex Pro 3.0 on CNX2

G