Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mitchfromwagga

Al Ain, AE
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mitchfromwagga Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Jun 2013
Wed 31-Jul-13 01:49 PM

Hi folks,

I have just purchased the Nik Plugin suite and I am trying to learn its features using LR4. I am slowly working out the various programs but my problem lies in saving the file and getting back into LR4 once the editing is done. Its seems so seamless on the tutorials. Its just saves the file right back to where they start in LR or PS. My original image does not change however. It seems to save a separate image for each of the Plugin programs, then I have a little box up the top left corner in LR saying that the images are " stacked ". It seems to save a separate image in each of the programs ( Define 2, Viveza etc etc ). The last image I tried I seem to have 4 images stacked. If I close LR and reopen, all the images appear separately !!
I am totally confused.
I just want to make the edits in the different Pugins and have the one edited image reappear magically in LR4.

Really appreciate some help. Its probably basic, I am a newbie.

Many thanks,

Dave.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: saving nik plugin files