Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Getting the Nik package into CS6

Betty L

Oklahoma City, US
103 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Betty L Registered since 27th Aug 2012
Sat 11-May-13 04:23 PM

OK, I panicked. When Adobe said everyone would be forced into the cloud if they wanted the latest updates, I tossed my plan on waiting to upgrade my CS5 to CS7 when it came out. I usually skip one release.
So I bought the CS6 upgrade before Adobe decided to pull it in the future, in spite of saying it would continue to be available.

I installed it, and none of my plugins are under "filters" where they have always resided. I went to the Internet and found a thread that said I needed to go to CS5>Plugins>Nik Software and highlight that file. Then copy (Command C, I'm on a iMac). Then go to CS6, go to the plugin folder and paste the Nik file. I did that. Also did it with Topaz Adjust 5.

The Topaz file pasted fine, and I can access it under the Filter panel just fine. But there are no Nik plugins there.

I can, in CS6, highlight a tif and go to File>open with> and access all the files in the Nik collection just fine. I just can't figure out why it doesn't show up in the filter panel. I am not very computer savvy, I work in Photoshop for development of my images, but that's about it.
If Topaz hadn't shown up under the Filter panel, I would have just thought I screwed up. But it did.
If I couldn't access the Nik collection with :File>Open With, I would have thought the Nik collection just wasn't able to be used by CS6 like how we users usually get screwed over by Adobe when we upgrade. ???? Any ideas, here?

Betty

G