Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mklass

Tacoma, US
7421 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006
Sat 16-Mar-13 12:30 PM

Dates have been set set for the Puget Sound Nikonians Trains and Baseball Photo Outings:

Saturday, May 18 at the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad in Mineral, WA (south of Elbe near Mt. Rainier) 10:00am to 4:00pm
This is a non operating day at MRSR, so we will pretty much have the run of the place: yards, shops, and onto some of the equipment. They will have run some trips in previous weeks, so the equipment will be in operating appearance. Some equipment repair and rehabilitation work may be in progress in the shops. In addition, there is logging equipment there that has been moved down from Camp 6 in Tacoma in preparation for a new logging/sawmill museum.

Cost will be $10.00 (this will be donated to the museum) and each photographer must provide me with a digital image to give to the museum (for their royalty free use) within 1 week of the event. If you plan on coming to this, be prepared to be there for a 10am safety briefing and "dos and don'ts. It's easy to get hurt around a railroad, even when trains aren't running.

Sunday, July 14 Tacoma Rainiers play the Reno Aces at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma.
The game starts at 1:30, but well get there and hour or so early to take pictures of batting practice and get a tour of the stadium. The will be a fun event for family and friends too, so bring them along. The price is $10.50 which includes a reserved seat, plus hot dog, chips and a soda. As an option, you can pay $16.50 and get the above, plus a Rainiers Baseball Cap (nice for the kids?). More details on timing and payment to follow.

I hope you can make one or the other or both of these. Let me know.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Puget Sound Chapter - Baseball and Trains