Sun 26-Aug-12 09:54 PM | edited Sun 26-Aug-12 10:11 PM by jerry r
Seven of us met Saturday noon at Java Joe's to discuss upcoming photo shoots. our thoughts to date include:
Sherman Gardens in Costa Mesa for September Robert will be checking on details.
Paramount Ranch for October Greg will be checking on details.
Future months include:
1. Sea Coast shoot near Crystal Cove. Jerry will try to locate spot for November or January.
2. Bolsa Chica. Robert will identify date for perhaps January or February with appropriate tides, etc.
3. Architecture of downtown LA skyscrapers.
4. A metro line hop on/hop off tour of various LA locations. Greg will research this.
5. Bicycle Racing. Dave will research this for perhaps February through August.
6. Botanical Gardens in Claremont and or Poppy Fields perhaps in March or April.
7. Renaisance Fair in March or April.
8. Figueroa Mtn and/or Anza Borrego near Solvang for wild flowers.
9. Huntington Art Gallery & Gardens for cactus blooms in spring. Dave will check for timing on this.
10. San Diego Botanical Gardens. Robert will research out details.
11. Lone Pine up to Mono Lake and Bodie Ghost Town perhaps timed for fall color. Jerry will stay on top of this one.
12. Orange Empire Trolley Museum in Perris, CA.
Thanks all for a great meeting on Saturday. Keep us all posted on details as we go along.
Robert OToole, welcome to our planning group. I really loved your bear, glacier and bee shots. What a great photographer. Would love to consider one of your workshops, but have to recover from two new D800's and three new lenses first.
Hey Bart & Jim, we missed you.
All Southern California Nikonians are welcome to attend our shoots.
My D600 arrives tomorrow, so I will be "bonding" with it this weekend preparing for our next field trip. I will be taking it to Destin, FL next week and hope to get some great fishing and sunset pictures.
kmaine, We seem to have gone a little dormant. I am out of town right now dealing with a death in family, but will be back in a week or so. I will try at that time to get a hold of a couple of people and get the ball rolling again. Keep tuned to this thread by subscribing to it if you have not already done so.