Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

LR4.2---exported JPGs are darker than edited RAW files

coolmom42

McEwen, US
4168 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
coolmom42 Moderator Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 30th Nov 2011
Fri 28-Dec-12 02:28 PM | edited Fri 28-Dec-12 02:29 PM by coolmom42

I'm noticing that all of my exported JPGs are darker than the edited RAW file.

I edit the file in LR, export as a full-quality JPG with no changes on export except the required JPG compression.

When I open the JPG file, the image is darker than the edited LR image. I can look at the edited RAW image in LR, and open the JPG in a window beside it, ON THE SAME MONITOR AT THE SAME TIME, and the difference is obvious. It's most noticeable in skin tones, and of course in shadow detail.

I can adjust the exposure on the RAW file in LR by about -0.3, and then it matches the exported JPG.

This is VERY frustrating!

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
MeFoto Road Trip w/Q1 ballhead
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: LR4.2---exported JPGs are darker than edited RAW fi...

G