Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
BGD600

UK
317 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BGD600 Registered since 19th Sep 2012
Fri 02-Nov-12 09:33 AM

Hi all,

Has anyone had any luck setting lr4.2 up to process Raw files in a similar way to nx2?

I installed it as a test yesterday and the images that it produced were much darker and a lot less vibrant to my eyes.

With my D80, I had setup lr3 to produce a close match to nx2 and was pretty happy with the results, but I really don't know if I can be bothered to go through that again (ok, I probably will end up doing it), so am taking the lazy "hope someone has already done it" approach

As it stands, I'm seriously considering changing my workflow and sticking with LR3 and using jpegs (which seem great straight out of the camera) for the library, processing RAW only for the files that are keepers and really need it - probably with nx2 and then rendering as psd to finish in photoshop.

That's all doable, but it does add an extra step to my workflow (and nx2 does seem a smidge flaky to me)..

Any thoughts / words of wisdom?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: LR 4. 2 setup