Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I am a winner in the worlds biggest (no fee) photography competition

munkies

Helsinki, FI
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
munkies Registered since 19th Mar 2009
Tue 08-Dec-09 10:02 PM | edited Tue 08-Dec-09 10:02 PM by munkies

I dont know what to say my fellow Nikonians!

I am overawed that me and my humble D80 have just been placed 2nd in the Planet Earth category of the Digital Camera photographer of the year competition.This is my fist comp and there were over 101.000 entries this year. I am in total disbelief!!!

http://www.photoradar.com/news/story/digital-camera-photographer-of-the-year-winners-announced

Aside from the prizes this comes with a heap of exposure for the winners. Starting tomorrow there is an exhibition of the winning entries at the prestigious Mall Galleries in London, which will last until Sunday.
The winning entrants will be featured in the organisers Digital Camera magazine, The magazine is available worldwide and has a massive readership, available from December 15th. The same magazine will publish a special in March 2010 for the winning entries.

The winners will also be covered by The Telegraph newspaper as well as Sky Arts making a documentary which will be aired on TV and be made available online.

All this is just too much for me, thats why I am asking for your guidance, What can I do to make sure I take full advantage of this exposure? I just feel so completely lost about how to deal with this!!

Your guidance will be much appreciated!

Peter
www.peterbyrnephotography.me

http://peterbyrne.zenfolio.com/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I am a winner in the worlds biggest (no fee) photog...

G