Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Auto Focus doesn't always

patchelect

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
patchelect Registered since 25th May 2014
Sun 25-May-14 11:01 PM

I recently obtained a Nikon D5000 via ebay. It came with a 55-200 lens and I added an 18-55 I purchased separately elsewhere. With both lenses at various times, the auto focus goes to the extreme of a completely out of focus image and stays there. I have found that the only way to "correct" the problem is to switch to manual, focus, and then swing back to auto. The lenses are both Nikon and the camera works well most of the time, but this one problem is annoying at the least. I have attempted to clean the contacts on the body but had no improvement in results. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the problem, just random occurrences. It can happen as soon as I turn the camera on or immediately after shooting pictures where it was working fine.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Auto Focus doesn't always

G