Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best settings for basic filming and sit-down interview

sydneymyers

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sydneymyers Registered since 03rd Jan 2014
Fri 03-Jan-14 03:38 AM

Hello all!

I'm starting a documentary project of sorts. My main area of expertise is video editing, but I'm being asked to do some filming. One camera we'll be using is the Nikon D5200. Our filming will include interviews and filler shots (people discussing a topic, or working on a project). We may be doing outside shots, but that will come later. For now, it's basic indoor shooting, no low-light issues that I can think of. Could anyone give me some ideas as to the best video settings for filming something like this? Or really, just the best basic video settings.

I've watched some videos and I'm seeing 1080p at 24p. Does that sound good? Any other settings I should know about?

Thanks so much guys!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best settings for basic filming and sit-down interv...

G