Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Jamed600

Naperville, US
495 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jamed600 Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2013
Mon 11-Nov-13 07:46 PM

A friend of mine asked me to take a look at his daughters D3100 as the images seemed soft. I am not familiar with the 3100 but he knows I have Nikon equipment and thought I might be able to help. I downloaded about 60 images from her card (of 1400) and on screen it was quickly evident that all were out of focus, many very badly. I checked the basics and it appears her setting are correct (all default) and the camera has autofocus and VR on. I changed to single point autofocus and took several shots and all were out of focus. With the shutter button half depressed I could see the that the camera was focusing (I'm just not sure on what). The camera is about two years old and I doubt more than 3,000 shutter actuations.
Are auto focus problems common on the D3100? Is it possible I missed a setting that someone might have mistakenly changed?
Will appreciate any help/advice, Jim B

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3100 Focus Problem