Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mhalweg

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mhalweg Registered since 19th Feb 2012
Sun 19-Feb-12 02:02 PM

My camera fell off my coffee table (about 16-18") onto a thin carpet with laminate underneath. The only thing that now happens with it is that it blinks green on the back bottom right of the camera (cam switched on or off). When the SD card is removed it turns off. I checked the manual and it said to hit the reset button. I did that and the blinking stopped. I turned on the camera and i was prompted for the date/time to be set. I did that and then hit the shutter button and the flash popped up and I could hear a little clicking like it was trying to AF my 18-52 lens. So I switched lens and now i can't even get the camera to turn back on. When I shake my 18-52 lens I can hear a noise so I'm thinking the fall knocked something out of place. When I shake the lens I shouldn't hear anything, correct? Has anyone encountered this before?
thanks in advance,

matt

G