Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

First outing with D5100 - SD card and battery errors

Rich_GB

UK
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Rich_GB Registered since 31st Jan 2012
Tue 31-Jan-12 05:28 PM | edited Tue 31-Jan-12 05:30 PM by Rich_GB

Hi everyone

First post here and completely new to dSLR cameras.

Just purchased a D5100/18-55VR kit and took it to a friend's wedding at the weekend for its first proper mission.

Very pleased with results, but on three occations during the day, had an error message saying 'no SD card present'. Problem was easily fixed by powering off and re-inserting the card. The card in question is a Durcell 16GB Cat 10, also on its first outing, and therefore untested.

In addition, after about 300 shots, I got an error saying something like 'battery too low...' (and missed the cake cutting shot as a result!). Surpised at this, I re-inserted the battery, and had the camera running normally for another 200 shots and some video clips.

I'm guessing these occurences are not normal, and I've not yet had a chance to test further.

However,
- Does anyone have similar experiences?
- Is this something I should take up with Nikon (the camera is just 2 weeks old now)?
- Is there any experience with the relatively new Duracell SD card capatibility.

Any advice to a newb appreciated. Thanks.

Richard

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: First outing with D5100 - SD card and battery error...

G