Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
regaladosantos

Allen, US
81 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
regaladosantos Registered since 12th Dec 2011
Fri 13-Jan-12 04:08 PM

I've been looking around for a remote shutter release for my D5000. Just found out that the cable one cost more than the wireless. I'm told that the wireless one does not have a bulb mode for long exposures. Wireless has a lag. Wireless is about 20 bucks. Cable is twice as much.

Would I be wasting my money if I got the wireless one for now? Which one do you use most offen? I know it would depend of what your shooting and scenario. I'm not really getting into shooting in bulb mode right now but would want to experiment with long exposures. I guess you really don't need a remote for this because you can use the timer. The remote, I think can come in handy though because you don't have to press the shutter all the time. In the D5000 it always goes back to the regular mode after you shoot with a timer so you have to change this all the time.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remote Shutters

G