Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just when I thought I was "getting" It

fires1

pinellas park, US
81 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
fires1 Registered since 04th Oct 2011
Tue 08-Nov-11 07:22 PM

Took a bunch of pictures on vacation (Manhattan), and used the 5100 extensively for the first time. I went jpeg fine but thought I would try the RAW + jpeg fine for quite a few. Now that I am home and going through all these I am confused. I thought at this setting I would get two (2) pictures of each shot, which I did get. Naming nomenclature is:
DSC_1111.jpg and the second is DSC_1111 (05).jpg When I pull these pic's up in viewNX2 they bothshow as 6 bit JPG's. No indication of RAW, cannot do the RAW adjustment's, white balance etc.

So I need to be educated, have to admit it. LOL going through the manual told me nothing. I am guessing that the file with the parenthesis DSC_xxxx (xx).jpg would be the Raw, as its numbers (xx)correspond to my shooting.

G