Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need help with D3100 body and portrait lens capability!

AED177

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AED177 Registered since 18th Aug 2011
Thu 18-Aug-11 02:52 AM

Hello, All. I am new to the Nikon world, and I was interested in purchasing the D3100 as my first DSLR to do close-up portraits of my little boy (just born) - and my friends babies. I was researching the best portrait lens for Nikon DSLRs and came across a recommendation for the 50mm f/1.8D. However, I noticed on B&H, when I went to order this lens, and the D3100, that this lens is NOT compatible with the D3100. Can anyone recommend a portrait lens for the D3100, that would be comparable to the 50mm f/1.8D? I am very new to the DSLR world, and would appreciate any help or recommendations! Thank you!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need help with D3100 body and portrait lens capabil...

G