Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lexar SDHD 32 GB Pro Card in the D3100

Shipmate

SHERBORN, US
20 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Shipmate Registered since 15th Jan 2009
Mon 10-Jan-11 07:10 PM

I gave my daughter a D3100 for Christmas along with a SanDisk 16Gb card. I also bought a Lexar SDHD 32Gb Pro Card for it. When I first put the Lexar card into the camera, it seemed to work ok. We took the card out and put it into her Mac. Capture NX2 was not opening her RAW files (I didn’t remember the posts about needing to upgrade to the most recent verison of NX2). I put the card back into the camera and the green transfer light on the camera came on and stayed on with the hour glass in the LED window. I tried a few things and, at one point, got a message that the card would not work with the camera. I went to Nikon’s web site and the Pro card was listed as a card that works so I took the card out of the camera and put it into a Cannon point and shoot. It worked in the Cannon so I reformatted the card in the Cannon and put it back into the D3100. It worked so I reformatted it again in the Nikon and took some pictures. It seemed fine. I took the card out and again put it into her Mac. It seemed to work fine but when I put it back into the D3100 the whole thing started again–green transfer light staying on, hour glass in LED. As she was going off to France for her semester abroad, I sent her with the SanDisk card and I kept the Lexar card. Has anyone else have this problem? I have not contacted Lexar yet but I will and I would like to be able to tell them if others have been able to use this card. Thanks for your help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lexar SDHD 32 GB Pro Card in the D3100

G