Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
bradscopegems

UK
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bradscopegems Registered since 26th Nov 2010
Fri 26-Nov-10 06:00 PM

I want to put a Nikon camera on a microscope and be able to connect the HDMI socket directly to a monitor in order to see the image without any delay and this is essential for focussing the microscope and other purposes. I am told that no Olympus camera can do this (by their technical section) but I have heard that it can be done, even with the relatively low-cost Nikon D3100. Can anyone confirm this? Recording first to a card and then playing back after a delay is useless for this application. It is important to be able to do this e.g. for schools, to show the pupils the higher-than-video resolution image: normal PAL or NTSC video is capable of capturing only a tiny area of the eyepiece view in a microscope without losing information.

G