Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
SpittyScent

CA
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SpittyScent Registered since 09th Sep 2010
Thu 16-Sep-10 04:15 AM

I've recently purchased a D5000 and I'm loving it. Recently, I took the family for a 5 day holiday in New York City and we really enjoyed it.

While we were there I made a point to get to B&H Photo after our Empire State Building tour and pick up a couple of items. I bought a Tamrac Evolution 8 backpack and it is perfect for my needs.

Back at the hotel I happily transfered all my gear to my new backpack until everything was configured exactly how I wanted it. I made a final check of everything (my family thinks I'm obsessed) and announced "TADDDAAAA" as I flung my newly loaded backpack over my shoulder.

I immediately heard a loud thunk behind me and turned to see my new camera bounce off the wall behind me and hit the floor. I had somehow forgotten to zip up the camera access of the backpack.

You can imagine my reaction, I checked the camera out and everything seemed to be working fine.

My questions are:
1) Can Nikon determine that the camera has been dropped if it ever has to go in for warranty work?
2) Do you think the longevity of my camera has been jeopordized by my careless, foolish action?

I look forward to hearing from anyone with real experience share their thoughts.

Thanks

G