Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Not sure where to put this, but this is my guess

dankeny

Roland, US
1555 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dankeny Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006
Wed 04-Aug-10 11:21 PM

A friend ask for help finding an SLR as an entry level camera. She has kids in primary grades. Wants video if she can get it for the price. It needs to be automatic so that she can use it ROFTB. She knows a little and can shoot a pretty good image with my D200 if I set it for her. Her budget including initial lens option is 500-800 range. I have cards for her, so she just needs something like a kit. She also wants to grow with it a bit, but not be forced to climb a steep learning curve just to get going. My D200 makes her nervous. In a pinch I could give her my 35-70, but I think the range is too limited, especially for DX. I've already given away a 28-105 which would have been better. Sorry for the long post.

David

G