Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

new guy in Montreal - I think I need a fast lens

Leskid

CA
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Leskid Registered since 12th Jul 2010
Mon 12-Jul-10 11:47 PM | edited Mon 12-Jul-10 11:52 PM by Leskid

Greetings, my fellow Nikonians
Being the proud new owner of a D5000, I found this place while googling for info.

After a lot of searching through old posts, I still can't find what I'm looking for so here goes:

I think I need a fast lens for my 2 desired applications (I am a motorcycle enthusiast)

1) sitting track-side at various curves and getting brilliant images of bikes as they come past me
2) mounting the D5000 with a vibration dampening setup on the tank of my bike to capture still images and even some video.

For application 1, I think I need a fast lens
For application 2, I was told to get a wide angle lens and set the focus to infinity so everything is in focus.

After some experimenting, methinks the 18-55 lens that came in the box isn't going to cut-it in either of these roles.

Any recommendations?

thanks in advance.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: new guy in Montreal - I think I need a fast lens

G