Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

live view going dark after long exposure !

root729

MT
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
root729 Registered since 26th Mar 2010
Fri 26-Mar-10 10:56 AM

Hi all, just got my first DSLR in the D5000 and am finding my way round the settings and functions and have discovered what I would call a problem but I am hoping it is something I am doing wrong and can be fixed in the settings or explained ???

If I take a long exposure using S mode when I switch to live view the display is very dark. taking a picture is fine (although it is difficult to use the screen as it is so dark) but if I take video it is terrible, dark and grainy.

Has anyone else found this or does anyone have a clue if it is something I am doing wrong or could there be a fault? To get the view back I have to go in to auto mode and take a pictue

I have uploaded some test video which was the only way to record the live view as taking a photo was fine. Files are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/root729/

Many thanks,
Tony.

G