Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Hi from Illinois -- newbie with questions please!

dfaughtcvt

Chicago, US
62 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dfaughtcvt Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2012
Wed 31-Oct-12 08:54 PM

Hi there,

I just joined the forum recently. I'm a hobbyist photographer and started out by purchasing the Nikon D90 about 4 years ago. I have really loved the quality of pictures that it has given me, and I've learned a lot along the way. The questions I have for anyone who is willing to answer is:

1) I'm considering selling my Nikon D90 and upgrading to the D7000. I did some research and saw that most people are selling their D90 body for about $500 (US). I went to www.myshuttercount.com and it told me that I have 11,434 actuations on my camera. According to other research I did, it said that the D90 has a shutter life expectancy of about 100,000. I have babied this camera since I first purchased it. Would it be reasonable to list my camera for $500?

2) What is your opinion of the D7000? I have purchased quite a few lenses (about 4-5) for my D90, and from what I have read, they should be usable on the D7000 right?

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to any input you can provide.

Deb

Deb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”
― Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Hi from Illinois -- newbie with questions please!

G