Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Like the workflow of Nik HDR Efex Pro 2

somhompho

Madison, US
215 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
somhompho Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009
Tue 20-Nov-12 09:53 PM

I have been using Photomatrix for HDR for the last several years. I have all of Nik plugins except HDR Efex, so recently while I was upgrading Define and Sharpener, from working only with Lightroom to be working with PS CS6, I decided to get Efex Pro 2 as well.

Well. I got to say that I really like Nik HDR workflow, and it seems to run slightly faster than Photomatrix. I'm using HDR mainly for photos I can't get in single click, and prefer more 'natural' look of HDR. Nik seems to get me there quicker and with more intuitive slider (for me anyway). Here are 2 samples

www.HomphoPhotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Click on image to view larger version

Rockport, MA; D300 with 24-70mm/f2.8, 5 shots, polarizer + 3 stop ND grad. I was hoping for sunrise shot, but got cloud and little bit of rain instead

Click on image to view larger version

Griffith Sculpture Garden, East Otto, NY. D300 with 14-24mm/f2.8 (no filter). Shot last Sunday. At this time of year there's no direct sun light on these sculptures during dawn and dust at all. Wasn't planning on this shot but I was heading to the car, the orange sky appear in the horizon behind the trees,so I thought why not HDR.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

G