Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Vintage Nikkor 50mm Question

Philip Weber

Idyllwild, US
110 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Philip Weber Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2008
Wed 20-Mar-13 01:36 AM

My Brother-in-Law gave me a never used, still in the box with everything in it, 50mm Nikkor 1.8 from around 1982. It took me a while on the web to match it and I've copied the info below.

My question: Is it worth anything and does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with it...hey now...be nice!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations anyone can provide.
Phil

Nikon's Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 standard lens. Serial # 3231356

This successor of the Nikkor 2/50mm. widely regarded as one of the best optical performer at 50mm focal length and is still popular among many photographers. As AF-D lens is still in production. For general photography and for macro/reproductions this very well corrected lens is an excellent tool. The first version (shown below with the larger image at center of this page) came on the market in January 1978, quickly followed by the redesigned version in 1980 (this version has its minimum f/stop down to f/22).

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Vintage Nikkor 50mm Question

G