Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

OV? Search leaves the question unanswered.

TBerryhill

US
47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TBerryhill Registered since 16th Jan 2013
Sun 17-Mar-13 10:52 PM

Looking at MF lenses on Adorama brings up quite a few described as OV. A search on this forum results in a presumption that it means "Old Version", ie non-AI. I suppose I could go through the Adorama phone tree to see what they say, but is there someone who knows that OV means that and nothing else? In particular, I am looking at the 105 2.5 lenses. I have had John White convert a 55 and two 50's and would do the same with the 105 - and maybe a 135 a 200 and a 300 as well. All within the range of my most used lens, a 28-300, but being a pixel peeper at heart I am always looking for that little something special that transforms the leisurely photos of backyard flowers and fruit, water drops and icicles into sharply defined forms and lush washes of color that might be just a bit better than the admittedly fine performance of Nikon's latest all purpose lens. (I read that it is second rate, at best, but my pocketbook will never allow the holy trinity, so it comes down to which <$300 lens will allow me to have a little more fun) Tom

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: OV? Search leaves the question unanswered.

G