Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help needed with focusing manual lens

AWD265

Indian Land, US
93 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AWD265 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Nov 2012
Thu 03-Jan-13 06:59 PM

Please help. I have a D5100 and recently purchased a "Rokinon 135mm MC f/2.8 Ai lens for Nikon manual focus" and am battling to focus this lens.

I set the camera on M and have used live view and "see" the image on the screen in perfect focus - when I shoot the pic and check it out on the Mac, it's slightly out of focus. Some pics are better than others but even the better ones are not very good.

The lens is in very good condition and the seller has a 60 day return policy. I paid $100 for it.

As a newbie, I thought about going the "vintage lens" route as they are far cheaper and can give could results from what I've read (Ken Rockwell). There have been good posts about the Rokinon 135mm f/2.8 so I thought it was a good deal. Let's hope it's just finger trouble on my part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Norman Silva.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help needed with focusing manual lens

G