Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Questions - which tilt-shift 24mm or 45mm

noneco

Vancouver, CA
321 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
noneco Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 12th May 2009
Thu 18-Jul-13 06:38 PM

I recently went on a photo tour and one of my fellow photographers had a gallery of landscapes that he had taken using a tilt-shift lens. (He shoots Cannon but he’s still a nice guy .) My use for a “Perspective Control Lens” would be first for open landscapes (DoF) and second for trees/forests (perspective control) not studio and very little architecture. At these prices it will be only one lens and the 85mm is longer than I usually use for landscapes.

Questions:
If you have a tilt-shift lens(es), which one do you use the most for landscapes?

What is your most used non-tilt-shift focal length for landscapes?

Thanks. Cal
Note: I also posted this in the Landscape forum. My apologies for cross posting but it seemed appropriate in this case.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Questions - which tilt-shift 24mm or 45mm

G