Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rokinon 24 mm Tilt shift lens, first impressions

leonardevens

US
182 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
leonardevens Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2011
Thu 20-Jun-13 09:41 PM

I just got my new Rokinon 24 mm tilt shift lens. It is not very difficult to use, at least for someone like me with view camera experience. Also, although I haven't done any tests yet, it seems to provide reasonable image quality.

Since the lens doesn't make use of automatic features of my Nikon D800, I plan to use it with a light meter, althouguh if worse comes to worst, I think I can use the camera for that purpose. I can set the fstop on the lens and the shutter speed on the camera using the Manual setting. But I am used to doing that with my 4 x 5 view camera, so it is not a big problem.

If I encounter any special features or problems with further use, I will report them here.

Leonard Evens
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Rokinon 24 mm Tilt shift lens, first impressions

G