Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question regarding test results of Samyang 14mm f/2.8 (and other lenses, principally)

lukaswerth

Lahore, PK
578 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
lukaswerth Registered since 24th May 2012
Tue 04-Jun-13 11:19 AM

Pointed to by contributors to these forums, and confirming their advices through other readings, I have been trying to make myself familiar with the reviews by dxomark.
In particular, I have been recently looking at the review of the Samyang 14mm f/2.8:
http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Lenses/Camera-Lens-Database/Samyang/14mm-F2.8-IF-ED-MC-Aspherical-Nikon/%28camera%29/792/%28cameraname%29/Nikon-D800
There is one point in their evaluation which, to my embarrassment,I fail to make sense of: transmission. I read the elucidations on the website, but I don't know how this translates into the practice of the lens' use value. Do you know about this, or cam you tell me where to read up on this?

Also, is there someone who has experience with this lens? It seems to be supersharp, but otherwise not so well corrected. Well, for that price...

Lukas

Trying to be a keeper of the light

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question regarding test results of Samyang 14mm f/2...

G