Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rokinon 14mm MF and "shutter lock"

TBerryhill

US
47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TBerryhill Registered since 16th Jan 2013
Fri 26-Apr-13 02:12 PM

In the manufacturer's? description of the lens on the Adorama site one is advised that "Shutter Lock must be disengaged on the camera's menu."Does anyone know what this means? Here is a response from Adorama to my query about this: "Based on information I was able to verify, it refers to some cameras having an issue when connecting to the lens. Causing the shutter to lock." B&H had no insight into the issue but assured me that their return policy protected me fully. Does anyone have a Nikon DSLR that has a shutter lock item in the menu or has anyone had experience with this lens? The optical package seems to exist in a wide variety of manifestations under various brand names so I would imagine any information or advice on the lens would be tentative, at best, but the "shutter lock" should be an easy one for those of you who have been through a large number of cameras.
I am in the market for a WA lens and this one seems to be front runner in the low price category. I would be using it on a D600 to fill out a 28-300, 55macro and 50 1.4 array. Tom

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Rokinon 14mm MF and "shutter lock"

G