Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Early non AI 3.5cm lens and mounting issues

zangemu

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zangemu Registered since 19th Apr 2013
Fri 19-Apr-13 11:46 PM

I recently purchased a second Nikkormat along with 3 Non AI lenses to use on my D5000. I've been using a Non AI 50mm 1.4 for the last couple years with no problems and both the 105 and 135 non AI lenses mount and work perfectly on the D5000 and my Nikkormats. However, there is a 3.5cm f2.8 Auto S lens that does not even seem to fit properly on the Nikkormats and I don't want to risk damaging my D5000 by shoving it on. It's an early Non-AI lens with Nippon Kogaku on the front ring. I guess I'm wondering why it does not seem to want to fit ANY of my cameras, especially the Nikkormats. It does fit them but when mounted, it is extremely difficult to turn the aperture ring. Is there something wrong with my lens or was it never meant to fit all but a specific camera (original F maybe). I've searched the internet for a solution and even around the Nikonian site and can find nothing definitive. If it was not made to fit these cameras, is there a mod that can be done to make it fit? I really like the size and feel of this lens and its very light focus.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Early non AI 3.5cm lens and mounting issues
               Reply message RE: Early non AI 3.5cm lens and mounting issues SOLVED!...

G