Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Test Drive of a D700

gaopa

Hartwell, US
780 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gaopa Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2003
Tue 15-Jul-08 09:39 PM

I have just returned from the 63rd annual photo conference of the New England Camera Club Council. Both Canon and Nikon had representatives with product displays. One of the things offered was a loaner camera for an hour. I had the good fortune of shooting a D700 with the 14-24/2.8 for an hour out on the campus of the Univ of Mass at Amherst. Wow! What a camera! We were told that the camera should be available by the end of August. For those wanting a full frame Nikon, the D700 should fill the bill.

The D3 was also available, but I did not shoot it. The rest of the time I used my own D300/18-200 VR.

Here is a shot of the Nikon table taken at ISO 3200 and not touched in PS except for size. The shot of the chapel had some light added using levels in PS.

Cheers, Bill P.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Georgia Opa

G