Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Winter photography problem...

oxbow

Rochester, US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
oxbow Registered since 16th Jan 2009
Sun 01-Feb-09 12:02 PM

Hi, just joined Nikonians today! I read the D700 forum everyday! I live in Minnesota and for the first time in 30 years am determined to take winter photography. A warm day in January was +15 degrees. I encountered a problem that was partially solved on this forum. On three occassions my Tamron 28-300mm VC lens froze up after 30 minutes. After reading this forum I discovered that Nikon lens have a metal coupler that controls the f stop position. This was freezing in the full up position. On my Tamron lens it was freezing after 30 minutes. I switched to Nikon 70-300mm IS lens and the problem was solved. I am wondering if there is anything I can lubricate the Tamron f stop coupler with that will keep it from freezing. Thanks for any suggestions.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G