Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need to make QUICK decision

Zapple

New York, US
66 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Zapple Registered since 10th Jan 2005
Sun 25-Jan-09 05:44 PM

Nikon Prices are going up 15% here in NYC come Feb 1st. I am breaking open the piggie bank as I am now too close to loose $450 in buying power to finally make this purchase. Here we go:
D 300 and 2.8 24-70 ( which fills the void) or D 700, body.

I have (50 1.8 70-200VR, 18-200 VR) so the 24-70 gets me where I need to be . Started to shoot events, first few weddings. Low light stuff, concerts, poorly light gyms>>>>I have read too much, ping-pongged out> The budget with trading in D200 is roughly the same.

The reach issue will be dealt with down the road so my only fix for now is going to be the 1.4. If I wind up going D 700 I guess I can always try to cover with the cheapy 28-80.

Any help? Buehler.....Tick tick tick..... I need a to use a scash cab street shout out
Zapple

G