Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 Sharpening value in camera recommendation zero

dgillilan

Williamsburg, US
2695 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dgillilan Silver Member Nikonian since 15th May 2006
Tue 20-Jan-09 04:46 PM

Dear D700 users,
I own a D700 and am very pleased with it, and would like to hear what other users find in the use of in-camera sharpening. Mr. Thom Hogan in his terrific D700 e-book, has recommended setting sharpening in-camera to zero. I value his advice and he offers a very lengthy technical explanation, in his ebook.

I was using sharpening at normal, then I upped it to 6, and now I've gone to zero per his advice, in-camera that is.

What have other users found, and does it depend on the lens that you use(if you know a certain lens of yours is razor sharp, as opposed to one of yours that is soft at certain apertures, etc.), as to the sharpening value that you set in your D700? Do you vary your in-camera sharpening per lens?

I do own Nikon Capture NX2 and Photoshop CS3 and have done post processing sharpening, but never with zero in-camera sharpening.
Thank you,
Debra

Visit My Nikonian Gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=94067
My Flickr Gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgillilan/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 Sharpening value in camera recommendation zero

G