Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

AF Focus settings - questions

dgillilan

Williamsburg, US
2695 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dgillilan Silver Member Nikonian since 15th May 2006
Sat 27-Dec-08 09:52 PM

Dear D700 users,
I have been using AF, CH, with 51 point 3D predictive focus, with a Nikon 24-70mm NED Lens. I have experienced, with a fast moving subject(running puppy) that the focus point goes all over the place - her tail, her feet, the ground, when I have tried to put it on her eyes. It seems to be predicting too much, and wrongly so. Thus today I tried a different choice.
I tried using 51 point today, no 3D(I think this prevents the predictive focus by the camera). Same subject. It seemed to do a little better, although the light hurt me, I was wide open and only had 1/200 sec (not fast enough for this puppy) or so, very cloudy.

Do others have this issue, and relent to using 51 point (no 3D)? This would apply, I would think, with moving children, puppies, dancers, anything faster than a butterfly !!).
Thanks,
Debra
(photos posted under "Pets" forum)

Visit My Nikonian Gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=94067
My Flickr Gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgillilan/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: AF Focus settings - questions