Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can you save a bad exposure better with the D700 than earlier cameras?

jkniple

Baltimore, US
85 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jkniple Registered since 19th Jan 2006
Mon 15-Dec-08 07:32 PM | edited Mon 15-Dec-08 08:31 PM by jkniple

Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone has examples of files that they have saved with the D700 that were either over or underexposed by more than a stop or two. We have all had situations where a flash failed to go off, or still underexposed a scene a great deal. For me this happens often as my flash batteries begin to get low if I am firing too quickly.

Anyway - with my d200 I have been able to salvage many somewhat underexposed images with a combination of Capture NX's raw adjustment, levels and curves, and applying a bit of color boost to make up for the lack of color...but they never look great compared to a proper exposure.

Can anyone show examples of shots they have been able to save from the d700 files that they thought were lost? This would help me to see the benefits of the added dynamic range possible with the d700.

-Jeff

G