Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 with older Nikon lenses

jhawk1000

Wichita, US
45 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jhawk1000 Registered since 22nd Mar 2006
Fri 05-Dec-08 01:30 AM

I think I am going to pull the trigger on a new D700 as a Christmas present to my wife. She owns a Professional Digital Lab and also owns a studio next door. She shoots now with a Fuji S5 Pro and dearly loves the color but finds that the full frame would work better for portraits and the higher sensor sensitivity would help her doing Sports Photography for a magazine covering local high school,college and University football and basketball. She plans to keep the S5 Pro and sell her S3 Pro and a few other film and digital bodies and lenses.
My question is how does the D700 work with some of the older Nikkor lenses such as the 2 ring 80-200 2.8 Non AFS, the 70-200 2.8 AFS VR, the 85mm 1.8 and a Sigma 12-24mm. We live in a mid major city but have only Best Buy and one real photography shop and trying these lenses on bodies is not easy since they only have one display model and neither seems real happy to have someone hovering over the D700 changing lenses.
I still have a Nikon D200 and for my shooting, it is not only adequate but a comfortable old friend. It has followed me all over the world, has shot sports as a back up for the wife's shots, has shot tons of wildlife so I have no need nor desire to change right now.
If any of you have tried and shot with some of those lenses above, please let me know if they worked as well on the full frame digital as on film based or DX cameras.

Mel

http://picasaweb.google.com/jhawk1000
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhawk1000/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 with older Nikon lenses
                                        Reply message Hi Mel,

G